Thursday, October 12, 2006

WHERE'S MY TITLE LINE!!!

Well, the 'traffic of my mind' (much the windmills of Dusty Springfield's mind) has finally caught up to the NYC pace.

Working with SITI is everything I want it to be. Challenging, difficult but most importantly adding splatters of wet thoughts and ideas to my creatively dry sponge-like state of mind.

My usual day goes like so:

5:30 am - wake up for no apparent reason. Dont feel tired. Snooze for 2 hours.

7am - get up. dress, etc

8am brekky.

9am - leave on time. walk down West 20th st to eighth av. then up to building 520.

10am begin suzuki training

11:45 - feel defeated by suzuki training glad that its over but a little more obsessed and determined for next the class.

12 - viewpoints training. Think. Feel. Absorb.

2 - have coffee with Lori (mad italian from La Trobe!) and Adena (gorgeous slim theatre gurl from Melbourne uni)

3-6:30 - for some reason walk a ridiculous amount of miles just see a gallery or suss out a 'so called' good coffee shop. Explore.

7 - dinner

8 - feel a bit tired

10pm - in bed asleep.

I live in Gramercy which I have only recently relised is on the cusp of East Village and then lower est side. This is the NY I love. Midtown shits me and despite historical accounts, Chelsea bores me a bit. This is where the course is so I have seen quite a bit of midtown. But have planned some activities Downtown for weekend (okkerville river at the bowery ballroom thank you very much)

But who wants to hear about how great famous places are...again...CLICHE I hear you screech!

I have totally committed myself to the ideas of Suzuki and Viewpoints without my usual smear of aussie cynicism or dry wit...I have plenty of time for that. For now I will indulge in being just a touch pretetious just for four weeks. Allow myself to think of things such as 'not looking for beauty and things of inspiration as if the world owes me something but becoming aware of the artfulness of the everyday, the big picture that I inhabit is the beauty and inspriation'...its all very nice this sense of connectedness.

So excuse me if I sound a weird but I have New Yorkers speaking in reverential tones about this sorta thing monday to friday.

Will hopefully post pics soon. But now it is 8pm (see above).

Goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home