Wednesday, October 18, 2006

After re-reading some of my rather rushed posts I feel that not only must I take this oppotunity to articulate the grammer of the feet but also grammer of the English language. With a half an hour limit on the internet and a Wilco concert in Pennslyvania to try to organise to get to, grammar will have to be as fast past as moving your 'centre of gravity' (pelvic region from which all performance and Suzuki training extends from.

saturday: Due to my utter, undeniable presence of cool the big black man with an intimidating body but a pleasant smile accepted my application for a NYC public library card. And BAM!: Internet for free! I always feel like I am cheating the system when I am in the library like I should really borrow a book to make it worth tehir time, me sitting here getting the interent for free. But that makes no logical sense at all. Went looking for a gallery, but ended up at ignite festival. Twas ok, nothing...inspiartional. Book reading was interesting. Found So Ho and Bleeker St. Then went to see Okkerville River at the Bowery Ballroom. Totally Radical Gig! Bounce in my step when I left The Bowery. Its Alice's birthday today! Happy 2nd Birthday Bella!
Sunday: DUMBO festival. Way cool.

Monday: Energy form everyone is not necessarily down, but unfocused, takes a while to get back into it. We do in the end. Ellen is our instructor and we listen like squirrels to her every word.
Tom wears bike shorts in class and I think I have spotted a pattern...bike shorts for teching. leopard print linen pants for training.

Tuesday: After today's clss I start to feel the burden of self doubt. I feel unfit, fat, unenergetic, uncreative and "in my head" for viewpoints, Viewpoints, as is Suzuki, a sensation class, you have to learn to feel it, not so much think academically about it. Adena and myself both feel like we were 16 year old high school student attacking this sort of work of the first time desiding on shapes and things to do before we have even arrived at the point of working. This feels yucky.

JD is our teacher for viewpoints and we are unintentionally late for class and get a little scolded. Nothing harsh. You just do not arrive late for a SITI class. I concur. We are asked to tell soemthing interesting about ourselves so JD can rememebr us. I can't think of anything. Ugh.

Wednesday: Feel much better today but suzuki (as it was for everyone) was trying. Stephan was our instructor and it was just hard physically but also mentally. A good sleep and a good feed hopefullly will result in a more energetic and successful day tomorrow. Viewpoints was better today, lept in and persisted. Had coffee with Adena, the mad Itlaian Lori, Barish and Ana. A lovely debreif and exchange of ideas was had by all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home