Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Previously on Love Won't Play Any Games With You Anymore (LWPGWYA?):

So, I had taken an oh so tranquil New York walk in...
















and found...





















DISCO ROLLER SKATING!

And this is where our realities shall intersect as the trajectory of the narrative resumes from whense it ended or...

One Saturday in Manhatten (continued):

After the discovery of disco roller skating in the middle of Central Park, I placed my faith in the city with the hope that it would unveil a myriad of adventures and intriguing sights if only I defied the subway and its exorbitant $2USD per ride compulsory ransom which includes a short but very much enclosed and confined journey with psychopaths.

In other words I desided to walk home.

I walked down Madison Ave, on the look out for Rockerfella center which I completely missed, depsite the fact it takes up about three blocks, but found instead a store whose sign read: 'Bargins For the Millionaire'...

...

?

NY didn't quite feel like home anymore...who actually shops there?

Then I passed...

















a church...

















that I thought looked cool and tourists seemed to be taking photos so I thought I'd join in the touristy fun...despite the fact I have no idea which or what church this actually is ("Its all about aesthetic and fuck all to do with morality"

And then merandering down the streets paved with Tiffany and Co and remanants of romantic 60s movies washing the streets I stumbled upon...


























...the blather of consumerism alive and pulsating into the setting sun. And I realised quite quickly that Times Square looks way more impressive in photos when their taken at night.

The lovely afternoon adventurous stroll intended to discover the intricacies of the New York city scape had soon enough evoporated into a blobby mass of coldness and hunger and a desperate need to pee. So I went east to 42nd street and popped into...


























...no, not a museum...


























...no, not a conservatory for music, but...















Grand Central Station.















It's not exactly Flinders St but its not bad, ey?

And with my face pressed firmly into some strangers chest plate and someone elses hand in place that may have changed my religion I caught the crammed and busy subway home to lil' ol' 23rd street to enjoy the view from my apartment...















Yes, the small sliver of light at the top center of the photo is the empire state building...



























This is from the other window...

So! How's Melbourne?


2 Comments:

Blogger Halley said...

are you home now, miss thang?

12:44 PM  
Blogger Sarah Hillman-Stolz said...

yes I am now:( But I'll still writing here.

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home